- How should I prepare for my course?
To get the most from your course we will provide you with a list of helpful tips and tricks, including:
- Consider what clothing helps you stay flexible for your movements and you are comfortable in
- Tell friends, family or housemates that you need some space and quiet time while you are attending your retreat.
- Clear your schedule to limit distractions like calls, emails and messages.
- Use props for your practise -
- Prepare your quiet retreat space and setup your room to maximise a flow state with -
- Incense, diffuser, candles or an oil burner
- A notebook or device to take notes
- A comfortable seat
- Headphones or earbuds for a more immersive experience
- A bottle of water
- Switch phone to sleep or airplane mode and or turn off all notifications
- Test your device prior to your course start.
- Take the time to reconnect and ground yourself in your breaks.
- Don't set performance expectations, keep an open mind and be prepared to try something new.
- Re-watch sessions you loved to help embody your learnings and change habits.
- Follow up with further in-depth courses from any of the coaches that you love learning from or join a retreat to immerse yourself in.
- How do I achieve the best results?
Our goal is to help you achieve improved wellbeing by learning new skills to assist in your Quest for self-growth and increased potential.
As part of this experience, repeating lessons can help you better integrate your new knowledge into your current lifestyle with greater ability to change your habits permanently. Then as you improve your skills and hone your interests you can deep dive further into courses specific to what you need.
If you want to improve mobility, health, overall wellbeing or clarity of mind and reduce stress, then a variety of our retreats and courses will help you achieve this. If participating in retreats on a regular basis is something you can achieve, this will help reinforce any new lifestyle habits.
The one thing we do know is that change takes consistent effort over a period of time, there is no shortcut to changing behaviours and adopting a new lifestyle. If your goal is to make big changes, then you will need to commit to a regular routine of participating in the areas you want to improve.
Healthy change does not require someone to flip their routine completely upside down. Change needs to be achievable and realistic, it needs to allow you to maintain your commitment to your work, family and life commitments to be sustainable. We recommend you commit to your goals for at least 90 days to see the results. At this point, if you have been consistent with your new routine, you should see real change.
As an example, implementing 20 minutes of mindful movement and activity per day may be a great start. This may be a blend of exercise, journaling, meditation, goal writing, reviewing your progress for the week, looking at a healthy meal plan for the coming week and even just taking time out for yourself to sit and reflect on the wonderful commitment you are making to yourself.
If finding time to continue practising your new learnings is challenging, going to bed a little earlier and setting the alarm clock to wake 30 minutes earlier are simple hacks to help you start implementing your new routine.
Consistency is the key, participating in your new found skills and continuing to practise them over time will help achieve the desired outcome.
- Top tips for having a positive mindset for your Quest
Here are our top tips for setting the best mindset for your Quest and really giving yourself time to absorb the teachings -
- If you are new to Mindful Movement training, take it easy, give yourself time to see results and do not judge yourself if you are not at the level you want to be.
- Be kind to yourself, do not push your limits especially if you have any past injuries or have not participated in Mindful Movement training previously.
- Give yourself time and don’t set expectations about how you should feel or what you need to get out of it. You're doing this for your own self transformation and healing so be kind to yourself if you are not at the level you want to be.
Have an open minded approach with the mindset to allow yourself to discover where you are at on this Quest. Be prepared to have moments of awe and wonder, have fun with it so you can see what sticks. This will help you apply the teachings into your life.
- Ah-ha moments may take time to land. If you don’t have any major revelations straight away, that is perfectly fine. You may find it unravels for you further over the coming days or weeks and when it does provide clarity you will get the full benefit out of the practice.
- Don’t take it too seriously. We are on a journey of growth and transformation and the more you can play with the content the better you understand it.
- Listen to your body during all active Quests, take your time and really feel how your body reacts to certain postures to reduce the possibility of injury.
- Reduce distractions by switching mobile phones and smart watches to ‘airplane mode’ od ‘do not disturb/silent’ mode and quit out of any email browsers or notification software on your computer prior to commencing your Quest.
- Take time after your class to really absorb the teachings and sit with how it feels within your heart, mind and body.
- We recommend you listen to the Quest the first time without taking notes so the new information really washes over you and you get a great understanding of the teachings. Go back after you have completed the course and rewatch to take notes on key take-ways and talk to family and friends about what you have learnt. This will help to really cement your understanding, retain the teachings and incorporate it into a regular practice.
- If you're not really understanding a practice, or feel like you are stuck in your monkey mind, don’t put pressure on yourself. You are where you are and that’s perfect for you right now. You may need to explore this content further after you have had time to digest it and feel more connected to the concepts, when you are in a clearer state of mind.
- Don’t forget that these Quests will help you have more skills in your toolbox to deal with negativity, instability, trauma and overwhelm. The more you repeat these practises the more automated and competent you become at meeting life’s challenges with a positive behavioural response instead of falling back into old patterns of being unconsciously triggered.
- What expectations should I have about my course?
Try not to put pressure on your performance, expectations on how you should feel, or fixate on the outcome of the course. Instead, be open to new ideas, try-on new concepts and be prepared to look at life in new and inspiring ways, and we hope you will walk away with more self knowledge, love and insight than you had before you commenced.
The optimal goal is that at the conclusion of the course, you are inspired and truly committed to your new journey, ready to embody a new lifestyle, improve your wellness habits and strive for an open mindset.
If you learn something that allows you to truly commit to a new journey and you are ready to embody a new lifestyle, improve your wellness habits and strive for an open mindset, that would be an amazing outcome.
We hope this will be one of many courses, retreats and steps that you'll experience in your personal transformation and we hope to be part of your continued life-long learning.
- How long do I have access to my course?
We want you to get the very best experience in your course and to learn, thrive and explore new concepts and teachings. Each of the courses you undertake gives you the opportunity to deep dive into the content for 6 months from the date of purchase to re-watch any of the videos you loved, as many times as you like, to really get the most out of your learning. And let's face it, the more you re-watch the Quests, the more immersive an experience you will have, and the more life and habit changing the course content will have on your beautiful life.
- How can I limit distractions for my course?
Being 100% committed to your journey is an important first step in achieving your goals and changing your life. Telling someone you trust that you have signed up for a course can also be a powerful motivator as it helps you articulate your commitment to self-learning and dedication to complete your quest.
Turn your phone to airplane mode (or offline mode), put on ‘do not disturb’, and turn your phone on silent. The fewer distractions you have, the more chance you have of being able to totally focus on yourself, reflect on the sessions and enjoy the experience of your course. Change requires action, intent and discipline, if that is what you are seeking, then do the right thing by yourself and commit to your course experience as best you can.